Tamsui Girls’ School was established and began to enroll students in 1884. More than 30 girls were enrolled when the semester began, and most of them were female plains aborigines from the Yilan area. MacKay was the principal and his wife, Zhang Tsong Ming, and several other missionaries’ wives were the teachers and dorm directors. They taught reading, writing, math, singing, geography, household skills, biblical history and bible studies. The Girls’ School was suspended temporarily when Mackay passed away in 1901, and then it restarted in 1905. In 1907, MacKay’s son Dr. George William MacKay founded Tamkang Girl’s School. After World War II in 1945, the name was changed to “Tamsui Girls’ High School” and then merged with Tamkang Middle School become the Girls Department in Tamkang High School. The Girls Department changed its name to Chongde Girls’ High School. But in 1956, the two schools merged again and were named Tamkang Senior High School. The building is currently used by Chongde Elementary School affiliated with Tamkang Senior High School.